Encourage is Taking Flight
myOptions Encourage/myCollegeOptions will become Encourage!
We’re renaming our postsecondary planning program to align with the new Encourage app for students. Together with our partners, we remain committed to helping you serve students as they set and achieve their goals for after high school.
Partnering to Serve Students for Over 50 Years
Encourage—formerly myOptions and myCollegeOptions—has partnered with educators and community based organizations to support all learners in achieving their dreams for over 50 years.
We engage with more than 20,000 educators each year to deploy the Encourage Post-Secondary Planning Survey® program. Together with our partners, we serve about 1 million students across 5,000 school districts and 10,000 high schools each year—making Encourage the largest free college planning program in the nation.
Help Students Take Control of Their Postsecondary Plans
We believe all students—regardless of background—should have access to free and robust college and career planning tools. After students create a free account or complete a survey, they can access our free college and career planning app.
Survey participation enables us to pre-populate students’ accounts with their information, including college matches and scholarship opportunities. Though we serve all students and all pathways, any student with a MyACT account can log-in with those credentials.Learn More: Encourage for Students
Get Free Access to Local and National Student Data
Educators participating in the Encourage Post-secondary Planning Survey program receive access to interactive reports of their students’ postsecondary plans through our educator web app at no cost. The reports and dashboards visualize data on students’ college plans and school, state, and national trends.
Interactive Dashboards and Reporting
- Visualize college and scholarship match reports for survey participants.
- Use your Encourage educator account to view a list of survey participants from your school, and generate on-demand reports outlining your students’ individual college and scholarship matches.
Individual Student Plans Updated in Real Time
- Review your students’ college and scholarship matches.
- View your students’ individual plans, including their college and scholarship matches and colleges they may be interested in.
College and Career Interest Trends
- Analyze school, state, and national postsecondary planning data.
- Pull aggregate reports from your dashboard that allow you to understand your students’ top colleges, majors of interest, and the college characteristics that are important to your students.
We’d love to connect, demonstrate our tools, and show the suite of resources available to students and educators. Complete the form below to reach out to our team!